Tips for Visiting Your Healthcare Provider
Here are some tips to keep in mind the next time you visit one of the
Story Medical Clinics:
- Be prepared. If you have questions, write them down in advance and
ask your healthcare provider or his/her nurse.
- Make certain your provider participates with your health insurance
plan. Going to a clinic who does not participate with your plan can be
- If you're seeing the provider for the first time, be sure to have
your medical records sent to his/her office (or to you) well ahead of
- If you are on any medications, write them down and bring your list
- It's okay to ask what your procedure or treatment will cost. Cost
issues are very important and should not be taken lightly by anyone
- If you don't understand something, don't be afraid to ask for
another explanation. It is your responsibility to understand your
medical options and make decisions with your provider.
- It's a good idea to have another family member with you when talking
with your provider. Having another listener can relieve stress and help
you remember more.
- If you don't have a primary healthcare provider, it's always a good
idea to find one, even if you're not sick. You can ask your family and
friends for referrals or call Story Medical Clinic at 515-382-5413 for a
If you have any questions or would like more information about visiting a
Story Medical Clinic, please contact us at 515-382-5413.